These chalets are spread across the top two floors of the delightfully retro three-star Résidence le Grizny, with this chalet occupying the whole upper floor.
The building is unusually spacious and solid, having been built before Val dIsères narrow valley started running out of space. And its position is really good: the village centre is four minutes walk away, the ski buses stop nearby, and it is possible to ski home. Although the front door is conveniently close to the main road, the bedrooms are further along the building, towards the silent forest on the slopes of Solaise. Nearly all of them have deep east-facing balconies with impressive views of mountains, trees and snow, and noise is never a problem, unless it's you making it!
This chalet has nine bedrooms, ranging from cosy to very large, six bathrooms and separate, sizeable sitting and dining rooms. Two of the cosier rooms are discounted £40 per person per week (rooms 14a & b), while the smallest of all, 14c, has a very special deal: its double bed is sold as a single bed, but if you can inveigle someone into sharing it, they pay half price.
The chalets atmosphere is always fun. It tends to appeal to relaxed people, perhaps because from the outside the building looks a bit like a municipal library, or because with six bathrooms for up to eighteen people it doesn't attract the sort of guests who spend from tea-time to dinner-time trying to make themselves beautiful (it isn't normally long enough!). Or maybe anyone uptight is put off by those technicolour baths and basins. But however convivial the dining and sitting rooms become, guests can escape into the quiet of their own rooms, most of which are a good size - see room dimensions opposite. There is no TV (imagine trying to get 17 or 18 people to agree on what to watch?), but there is WiFi.
- Whole upper floor of the Grizny building, a small, private résidence run entirely by YSE.
- Ideal for large groups, small groups, couples and singles.
- Amazing meals around the huge table in the dining room.
- Large, relaxed sitting room with acres of atmosphere.
- Large bedrooms, with excellent ratio of bathrooms and separate wcs.
- Wide sunny balconies.
- Two bedrooms have private facilities, four share bathrooms and separate wcs with one other room, and three share one bathroom and wc (£40 discount pppw in Rooms 14a and 14b).
- Single room with double bed for hopeful Casanovas (optional bed partner pays half price).
- On main road, five minutes past church, but astonishingly quiet.
- Skiable-back-to and five minutes from lifts.
- Buses to major lifts nearby (new Laisinant Express and all central lifts just two stops).
- A chef and two assistants who live with other YSE staff on the ground floor.
Quoted prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking your chalet.
Sorry There Are No Prices Currently Available For This Property