This chalet is one of the oldest chalets in Val dIsère, with the traditional extended wall and pillar, which support the whole tree trunks, which support the slabs of granite, which support the twenty feet of snow, which support one of the longest seasons in the Alps.
The chalet has, of course, been entirely rebuilt inside. It has a charming sitting-dining room under the rafters, with a wide balcony facing Solaise. This room always seems to generate a very friendly atmosphere, perhaps because of the good food that comes from its state-of-the-art kitchen, perhaps because it isnt huge and doesnt have a TV, forcing people to re-invent the ancient art of conversation (though it does have WiFi). Maybe its just the unlimited wine.
This chalet has six pleasant bedrooms: two twins which have views towards Solaise, a double room with its own en-suite washbasin, and three single bedrooms, a rarity in Val d'Isère. Two of these single rooms actually have a large double bed, while the third has a single bed plus a second bed up a ladder. When one party fills the whole chalet, the guests in any or all three of the single rooms can bring an extra person at half price. Please note that flight seats may be limited on certain dates, especially at peak season.
There are two baths, one shower and three wcs.
This chalet is in the little hamlet of Le Joseray, adjoining our chalet Chez Savoy and next door to Les Gnellets. The lifts, the pistes and the main bus stops are all at most three minutes walk away, and you can ski back to within about 100m. Yet the only sound at night is an occasional moo from the neighbours.
- Excellent living room under rafters, with state-of-the-art kitchen.
- Wide, sunny balcony with view straight up Solaise.
- Three single bedrooms so lots of flexibility as to who sleeps where.
- Good ratio of smart bedrooms.
- Boot warmers.
- Owners family live unobtrusively on ground floor.
- In hamlet of Le Joseray, adjoining our chalet Chez Savoy, next to our chalet Les Gnellets, three minutes walk from lifts, pistes and bus, six from centre.
- A chef and an assistant, who live out.
Quoted prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking your chalet.
Sorry There Are No Prices Currently Available For This Property