This chalet is the smaller of our two chalets in Le Fornet. It is slightly beyond and above the chalet (forty-five seconds beyond, to be precise, along the same underground passages, and fifty steps above, though with the ski locker and boot warmers sensibly at the bottom).
If you have already read the description of neighbouring chalet La Couchire, youll have read all about what a great place Le Fornet is. In a nutshell, the highest and emptiest pistes, the best powder, the Pissaillas Glacier with its exhilarating blue and red runs, and much of the areas off-piste are all reached via the cable car, two minutes from this chalet. So are two of the best mountain restaurants, the Signal and Edelweiss, as well as the brand new La Cascade restaurant up on the glacier. The hamlet of Le Fornet itself is the prettiest part of Val dIsère, and has more excellent restaurants.
Should you wish to go into the village centre, to the nursery slopes or the shops, the free bus stops just outside the chalet until after midnight, and you can reach the nursery slopes or nightlife as fast as people staying in the village centre.
This chalet is just five years old, really pretty and very pleasantly finished. Two of its five bedrooms are admirably compact, but with enormous sliding windows and wonderful views. The other bedrooms have more space and great views, but only normal-sized windows. All have smart bathrooms. Down one floor are the sauna and the indoor hot tub shown in our rotating pictures.
The split-level sitting-dining room is the heart of the chalet, in particular the large square dining table and the vast picture windows. Romantics appreciate the sunniest views in Val dIsère, stretching from dawn over the Galise, on the border with Italy, to dusk beyond Bellevarde. Non-romantics can log onto the web via WiFi or watch a DVD.
- Part of spectacular ski chalet, designed especially for us five years ago.
- Sweet bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms throughout.
- Most rooms give option of large twin beds or huge doubles (please specify which you prefer when booking).
- Split-level sitting-dining room with picture windows and a wraparound balcony facing east, south and west. -- DVD with LCD screen.
- Sauna and indoor hot tub, ski room with boot warmers.
- Fornet cable car 50m from front door, pistes 100m, bus 10m.
- Rapid access to major ski area with glacier, empty pistes, easy pistes, off-piste, moguls and good mountain restaurants.
- Stunning views of miles of mountains and the pretty hamlet of Le Fornet.
- Val dIsères best restaurant next door and most popular restaurant nearby.
- A chef and an assistant, who live downstairs.
- Damage deposit for all bookings.
Quoted prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking your chalet.
Sorry There Are No Prices Currently Available For This Property