This brand new five bedroom, five bathroom, ski-in, ski-out chalet with sauna, gym and private lift, is one of the smartest chalets in Val dIsère. The good-sized bedrooms have small but tasteful bathrooms. More importantly, each room has a pair of decent-sized beds which fit together to make a huge double if your holiday is going well, or slide apart if it isnt. And better still, the rooms have picture windows giving breathtaking views of sunrise over the Galise, or sunset behind Bellevarde.
The sitting-dining room under the hefty rafters, with its open-plan kitchen, is vast. In a village where a coffee-tables worth of property can sell for £20,000, it is amazing to find so much space.
The table has been hand-made to our specifications: three diners on the longer sides, two on the ends. Thats the way to get a good conversation going! Not one of these long, thin tables where you get stuck next to your mother-in-law and miss the punchline at the other end. Mealtimes are accompanied by an unforgettable view of Bellevarde.
At the other end of the room theres an equally spectacular view across the bottom of the lovely, smooth L piste and up to the glaciers of the Italian border, to be enjoyed from big, squashy sofas around the log fire. When it gets dark, theres a flat-screen TV with lots of programmes in French, some in English, and a selection of DVDs. Or use the WiFi for a quick snoop on Facebook...
On the ground floor, between the front door and the private lift which whisks you to the bedroom floor or the living room floor, are the ski room, boot warmers, sauna and gym (cross trainer, cycling and rowing machines just what you need after eight hours skiing. Please see photo.).
But what we like best is the position. The chalet dominates the charming little hamlet of Le Laisinant, just five minutes walk or one stop on the free bus past the edge of the main village, from a position just beneath the Traversée du Laisinant piste.
You dont have to be a good skier to return to the chalet from the bottom of the L or Mattis pistes, while the never-crowded six-seater Laisinant Express chairlift is two minutes walk, or a quick pole away. The Laisinant Express was already the quickest way into the Fornet ski area, and now a new run takes skiers straight into the Solaise area, making this chairlift a superbly convenient way to start the days skiing.
- Beautiful ski chalet, newly built two years ago, in the hamlet of Le Laisinant.
- Ground floor contains ski room, boot warmers, sauna and gym.
- Huge sitting-dining room with log fire, TV, DVD, WiFi and spectacular views.
- Private lift to bedroom floor and living room floor.
- Good sized bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms throughout and picture window views.
- Option of large twin beds or huge doubles in each room (please specify which you prefer when booking).
- The Laisinant Express chair lift just below the chalet, taking you up to the Solaise and Le Fornet skiing areas. Ski back to the chalet from the L piste or Germain Mattis.
- A chef and an assistant, who live out.
- Damage deposit for all bookings.
Quoted prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking your chalet.